How to Delete Instagram Account? Instagram is one of the most popular social media sites around – and one of the most addictive. You can always delete or deactivate your Instagram account if you want to reduce your Instagram habits. The difference between the two options is that deleting your Instagram account is permanent while deactivating it is temporary and allows you to get your account back later.
There comes a time when you want to disconnect from your social platform, not just temporarily. People are choosing to delete their social media presence to live a life less focused on online culture. Suppose you have decided to delete Instagram, whether you have increased the need for a particular fan or because its parent company Meta is facing controversy again. In that case, it is not as quick or easy to do. It should be. Until now, this could not be done from within the Instagram app.
How to Delete Instagram Account
How to delete an Instagram account is a question most people ask because of the growing concern about privacy and the amount of time we spend on social networks. There is no denying that Instagram is a great platform for showcasing creative work and even selling live work and sharing personal knowledge and experiences. With over one billion users, it is one of the most popular social networks globally and a huge potential tool to reach a large audience. But there are reasons why you want to leave the platform. Whatever the reason, if you’re wondering how to delete an Instagram account, delete your data and history from the forum. We’ll explain exactly how to do it below. If you believe you want to delete it, you can permanently delete your Instagram account. Otherwise, if you don’t think that you want to leave the platform for good and lose all your previous posts and reels, you can temporarily disable Instagram. In this article, we will provide a step-by-step guide on doing both.
Save Your Instagram Account Data
Before deleting your account, you’ll want to keep a permanent record of your posts, comments, and profile information. When you delete your account, Instagram will do the same: Delete your account and everything on it. All your photos, likes, and comments will be permanently removed. To save your account data, follow these steps:
- Open “Instagram” and tap the “Profile Icon” in the bottom right corner.
- Tap the “hamburger icon” (menu) in the upper right corner
- then tap “Settings” at the bottom.
- Select “Security,” then tap the “Download Data” option.
- Enter your “Email Address” and tap “Request Download.”
Deleting Instagram On The Web
If you can’t use the app to delete your account, you’ll need to follow these steps to delete your account – as long as you’re using a browser, your computer or phone Can be tracked.
- Go to the official Instagram Delete your account page section.
- Select the reason for permanently deleting Instagram from the drop-down menu.
- Re-enter your password and click ‘Delete My Account Permanently.’
- Read if you want to dig a little deeper and ensure all the steps.
Disable Your Instagram Account
If you are engaged in something serious, and you want to take a break from accessing Instagram, the best thing to do is freeze the account if you use Instagram temporarily. If you wish, you can use it again. Again, click on the button below to do so, and you will be taken to the official account deletion page.
- Go to “Instagram.com” from your browser (you can’t do this with the app).
- Log in if prompted to do so.
- Click or tap the “Profile Icon” in the upper right corner.
- Click or tap “Profile,” then select “Edit Profile.”
- Scroll down and tap “Temporarily disable my account” to the right of the “Submit” button.
- You will be asked why you are doing this. Select an option from the drop-down menu.
- Re-enter your account password.
- Click or tap “Temporarily disable the account.”